Nov 14, 2014

Aatos K. Uolevi - Man Behind the Lobe

Meet Mr. Aatos. My new project, born so suddenly that even I was surprised.

Aatos by night

Storm clouds are said to have a silver lining, and indeed a bad day was turned into a fun new project. Read on and take a listen what Aatos has to say.



It was a bad day. A really bad day. It gave me a sudden urge to play music. I slapped on a fast drum beat and started playing. This turned quickly into my new project Aatos K. Uolevi.

After having a grasp at the idea brewing in my head, I quickly made a drum track to fit it (using EZ-drummer). I then recorded a guitar track to match. Evening turned to night as a I grabbed my bass and took a shot at recording it too. My blue mood was long gone as I smiled going into bed at late night (early morning).


Digital Aatos

Next day I took a fast visit at our rehearsal space, and grabbed a microphone with me. I did a quick recording of the vocals, while my Home Crew was in the sauna. Later that day, every time I got a breather from our daily routines, I jumped to the computer and edited the tracks in a fitting order and fixed some timing issues. The structure was finished late at night (early morning).

Third day went by as I did a quick mix. I seem to be developing some routine in my mixing work, because the final mix came through quite quickly. And Voilá! My first release from my solo project was released into the wide wild world. Take a listen below!




Now, I admit it. I did rush the mix, but it did still turn out ok. I got some great feedback on the mix and how to try to better it. Maybe later, when the dust has settled, I'll do a remix. But that can wait for now. It seems that Aatos is knocking again. Let's see if I can get some new stuff out. Probably not in three days though! And if you are up to it, check out my other (not so solo) project too: Random Fates.



Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment...


No comments:

Post a Comment