Jan 3, 2015

New Year - New Aatos - New plans

New year kicked of with the huge December Mix fest, which I just and just managed to pull through on the last day. In addition it seems that my Aatos project is taking a wild turn in style.


Read on and check out my latest song. I'll also reveal some of my plans for the next year. Onwards!



The Aatos song 'Ulkoleikkejä' was basically built on the guitar riff, which was already shown with the simple guitar widening example. Again, I did the mix too fast. Not counting the recording and editing, the mix took me one whole day. But I'm just too eager to get the new stuff out that I couldn't wait to set it free. But I think the mix still turned out ok. There is some nasty sibilance with the vocal esses due to my angry compression, but I can live with that. Check it out the YouTube link below.




Now what's this talk about changing style? I had a super nice day recording new stuff, and I got a nice framework built for the next song. I guess I'm a bit moody fellow, and this time my mood was quite different. I cut off a sample out of the recordings for you to listen, so you won't be too shocked when this baby comes out. As an added bonus, this sudden change will give me a huge freedom for the future to do anything I want channeled through Aatos. I think that the only restriction I will have with Aatos, is that it will stay in my native language.  




Now to the promised visions for the future. Since the spark for making my own music has risen once again, I will have to make a bit of time for it too. Until now, I have tried to have one blog post per week (which lead to the unfortunate kitten-incident). In the future I will concentrate on smaller updates through Facebook, and make less blog posts. That will hopefully also increase the post quality I hope. We will see.



Have a nice 2015! And maybe throw a comment?








No comments:

Post a Comment